REACH Prep is an educational access and college success non-profit organization that identifies high achieving, motivated Black and Latino fourth grade students from underserved communities in Fairfield and Westchester counties and the Bronx and helps them gain admission to and thrive in rigorous independent schools. Upon independent school placement, students benefit from 12 years of support and enrichment in order to prepare them to succeed at competitive colleges. REACH Prep is a free 12-year program for qualifying families.
The admission process helps us select the strongest students who consistently earn the highest grades. We seek students who demonstrate strong academic skills and have the determination and desire to learn from and contribute to an academic community with high expectations. Approximately 20 students are accepted each spring and begin their 12-year journey through our program.
Eligible applicants are:
- Black or Latino(a) 4th grade students during the 2017-2018 school year
- Residents and students of public or parochial schools in Fairfield County, CT; Westchester County
or the Bronx in NY
- Students with a strong attendance and academic record with A's or 4's
- Students from low-to-low-moderate income households
- Citizens or Permanent Residents of the United States
- Able to provide proof of academic merit and family income