Admission Overview and Eligibility
REACH Prep is an educational access and college success non-profit organization that identifies high achieving, motivated Black and Latino fourth grade students from underserved communities in Fairfield and Westchester counties and the Bronx gain admission to and thrive in rigorous independent schools. REACH Prep provides an intensive academic enrichment program (on weekends and during the summer), leadership training and supplementary individual and family guidance, which prepares students to succeed at competitive colleges. REACH Prep is a free 12-year program for qualifying families.
The admission process includes a variety of indicators to help us select the strongest students that consistently earn the highest grades. We seek students who demonstrate strong academic skills and have the determination and desire to learn from and contribute to an academic community with high expectations. Approximately 20 students are accepted each Spring and begin their 12-year journey through our program.
The 2016-2017 Admission Season is now closed. The 2017-2018 Admission Season will open in the Fall of 2017.
Eligible applicants are:
- Black or Latino(a) 4th grade students during the 2016-2017 school year
- Residents and students of public or parochial schools in Fairfield County,CT; Westchester County or the Bronx in NY
- Students with a strong attendance and academic record with A's or 4's
- Students from low-to-low-moderate income households
- Citizens or Permanent Residents of the United States
- Able to provide proof of academic merit and family income